Everything you need to know about the application process
A spousal visa is an application to join a South African citizen or permanent residence holder in South Africa on a temporary visa, generally for 2 or 3 years.
Who qualifies for a spousal permit/visa?
If you are married to a South African and are wishing to immigrate to South Africa, it is possible to do so with a spousal visa. If you are in a long-term relationship with a South African partner but not married, you might qualify for a life partner visa. Spousal permits are also available for same “same-sex couples” who are married.
Spousal visa requirements:
- Your partner is required to be either a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- To acquire permanent residency, you will have to apply for a South African spousal permit.
- Applications for a temporary spousal visa don’t have any minimum period for which you need to have been married.
- Verification needed for a South African spousal visa application comprises of:
- A marriage certificate.
- Evidence of your South African spouse’s residence or citizenship.
- A support letter from your South African partner.
- Evidence of good health.
- A complete temporary residence application form.
Other points to take note of:
The South African spousal visa prerequisites apply to both heterosexual and same-sex couples.
The spousal visa only enables you to enter and remain in South Africa.
Your spousal visa enables you to:
- Establish and manage a business
- If you plan to work there’s no requirement for your potential employer to demonstrate that they have attempted to recruit a South African.
- Should you decide to set up a business, there won’t be any minimum investment amount requirements or the need to recruit a specific amount of South Africans in your workforce.
Despite the fact that you are eligible for permanent residence, you may still want to make an application for temporary residence since permanent residency applications can take as much as two years for approval.
Foreigners who’ve been married for less than five years will need to apply under the temporary residency criteria. Once married for five years, permanent residency can be applied for. Foreigners who’ve been married for five years or more can apply for permanent residency right away.
Black Pen Immigration provides free consultations to find out whether you are eligible for a spousal permit and in the event you don’t qualify, they will find out what other options you may have.
Find out what skin needling actually does.
Find out what does the Draft Intellectual Property Policy mean for your business?
Find out why experiential retail design is the answer.
Related Service Providers:
You don’t need to be in the office to be productive. The world of work is being propelled into the future faster than ever by a dizzying onslaught of new technologies and the demands of a workforce that is
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project;
Consider your passengers. It may involve a few people or an entire organization, it might be a minor adjustment responding to a change in customer support or it could be a full-scale change of business initiative to leapfrog your