DJJ Lemmer Labour RelationsHR Essentials
About DJJ Lemmer Labour Relations
We are a relatively young business situated in Pretoria, but also spend a lot of time in Johannesburg with clients and at the CCMA & various bargaining councils. Although the business is relatively young, we have more than 25 years of service in the field.
Our focus area is on small to medium companies or bigger companies with franchisees or many branches. By securing our services, companies amongst others, ensure a consistent approach in the application of discipline in their organisations which is an important requirement in terms of the Labour Relations Act. We also offer practical training to management.
We have clients from various industries such as the transport industry, retail (dry cleaning, jewellery, sign making, restaurants, gun shops, etc), medical research, log home builders, engineers, schools, churches, guest houses, media companies, metal and engineering businesses and others.
We render personal services to our clients and strive to comply with our values of punctuality, professional conduct, pride in our work & up to date knowledge of developments in the field.
I am an admitted attorney specialising in labour law and labour relations in my practice as labour relations consultant:
- Appointment letters and employment agreements
- Representation of our clients at the CCMA & Bargaining Councils (conciliations & arbitrations) Assistance to employers and employees with retrenchments
- Disciplinary hearings (as Chairperson or Charge Officer)
- Labour relations policies & documents
- Assistance & advice on grievances
- IR & HR related documents & advice
- Legal opinions, opinions on prospects of success
- Assistance with wage & other negotiations with unions & problem employees to secure mutually agreed separation
- Drafting of representations
- Assistance with poor performance and incapacity issues