Life Employee Health SolutionsHEALTH AND WELLNESS
About Life Employee Health Solutions
Life Employee Health Solutions, delivered by Life Occupational Health and Careways, offers proactive solutions to minimise employee health risks aimed at reducing healthcare costs and improving employee productivity.
Life Occupational Health is South Africa’s leading provider of contracted occupational and primary healthcare as well as other employer based services to large employer groups in the commercial, industrial and mining sectors as well as state owned entities.
Careways is an established partner to South African corporations offering integrated, innovative solutions encompassing employee assistance programmes, executive wellness, lifestyle management, organisational wellbeing services and wellness training education.
Services we offer
This integrated employee health solution is aimed at managing the full employee health and wellness cycle through standardised quality systems, primary health services, occupational health services, wellness interventions, health education and clinical protocols – making a meaningful measurable difference to employees as well as employers. This service also equips employees with health information, practical skills and tools required to encourage optimal health and improve their daily health decisions – keeping their minds and bodies work fit.
Occupational Health Services
- Pre-employment medical examinations
- Exit medical examinations recording the health status of workers on termination of service
- Employee health assessment and ongoing management including:
- Health policy development
- Medical surveillance programmes
- Medical examinations and monitoring of employees
- On-site primary healthcare services / emergency medical services
- Ergonomic surveillance (environmental improvement) to identify and monitor health risks
- First aid training as required by legislation
- Interaction with and enhancement of company safety programmes
- Life Emergency Medical Services
- Case management for injury on duty
- Absenteeism and sick leave management
- Incapacity and disability management
These services are provided through mobile, off-site or on-site health clinic services.
Employee wellness services
- Employee assistance programmes: 24 hour care centre, psychosocial counselling, financial and legal wellbeing, wellness programme management and reporting
- Executive wellness: annual medicals, personal health plans, stress mastery, coaching and travel vaccinations
- Organisational wellbeing services: On-site life style events, health risk screenings, chronic disease management programmes, wellness education and training
- Organisational resilience services: Coaching (business and life/wellness coaching programmes for all employee levels), assessments, surveys and focus groups
- Fitness centres: Onsite state of the art fitness centres including installation of gym equipment, designed health, fitness and training programmes, specialised fitness staffing solutions
These services are provided through telephone, SMS, fax, email, digital channels, on-site interaction, wellness days and an on-line wellness portal: www.mywellnesscompass.co.za