Nceduluntu Academy of LearningHR Essentials
About Nceduluntu Academy of Learning
Nceduluntu Academy of Learning is a registered Non-Profit Organisation working within the Western Cape community of Dunoon, Milnerton. Tembile Nyoka, who holds a National Certificate in Community Development (University of the Western Cape, 2006) founded Nceduluntu Academy of Learning in 2011 with the intention of enabling the betterment of the Dunoon community through education and computer training.
Nceduluntu Academy of Learning’s vision is to assist the community and people in need through education, the sharing of knowledge and computer literacy training. Nceduluntu aims to contribute to reducing teenage pregnancy and drug and alcohol abuse by providing free access to educational support, and providing training in computer skills and English literacy.
Their mission, through the provision of training, is to help bring back dignity to all people in the local community, so as to help them achieve a more equal standard of living when compared with those around them.
In order to achieve the its objectives, Nceduluntu Academy of Learning runs the following projects as its primary activities:
• Basic computer literacy training (courses run over a three month period)
• English literacy training
• Daily soup kitchen feeding members of the local community
• Job creation by linking local youth to employment and career opportunities (in partnership with
Harambee and the City of Cape Town)
• After-school learner support programme which helps learners with homework assignments and
improved learning through educational games
As an NPO working to bring about change in one of the poorest communities, Nceduluntu Academy of Learning is in need of the following in order to continue carrying out this important work:
• Computers and technology resources
• Furniture for the learning environment including counter tops and plastic chairs
• Stationery and office supplies
• Donations towards improving internet connectivity and access
• Website development and marketing support, including fundraising
• Premises to establish a more permanent learning environment
• Funding to enable ongoing activities, capacity building and volunteer stipends/salaries
Nceduluntu Academy of Learning: Helping People Help Themselves