Teraco Data EnvironmentsABC of BEE
About Teraco Data Environments
Teraco is the first provider of resilient, vendor neutral data environments in South Africa. Clients benefit from the cost savings and improved resilience of securely housing their information systems and networking equipment in a colocation facility purpose-built and operated to global best practice by an expert organisation with an absolute focus on data centre technology and infrastructure.
Selecting Teraco for your data centre services means that you will be assisted by a skilled onsite technical support team that is available around the clock.
Our services include:
• Africa Cloud Exchange – Africa has become an attractive market for the distribution of IT services. An ever growing appetite for content and applications by consumers is uncovering new revenue streams and increasing margins. Due to the lack of reliable power and infrastructure in Africa an opportunity exists to establish Southern Africa as a central data centre hub from which international connectivity and cloud service providers are able to support the rest of Africa’s needs.
• Interconnection – Become a part of the interconnection hub within Teraco’s data centre facilities. In a changing Internet landscape Teraco’s physical interconnect cabling system allows for the configuration of flexible and scalable interconnections to over 200 networks and upstream service providers. The service also includes direct access to potentially valuable business partners within the Teraco Data Centre Community. Links to any Teraco client, carrier or service provider can be installed within a day.
• Colocation – Teraco’s data centre facilities allow you to securely colocate equipment within the general colocation or Carrier Hotel areas. Deploying your servers and networking operations in Teraco’s data centres provide you with the highest level of security and optimal operating conditions to ensure business continuity.
• Wireless colocation – Teraco data centre facilities in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg are positioned in premium sites with excellent coverage of the surrounding areas and with uninterrupted line of sight to local business hubs, making them the perfect place to position wireless equipment. Carriers, network operators, service providers or enterprise clients wishing to provision for wireless access, can benefit from the cost savings and reliability of colocating within Teraco’s data centre environments.
• Teleport – The Teraco Teleport in Isando, Johannesburg further enhances Teraco’s open market offering. Service providers can colocate their antennae equipment in a predetermined footprint that ensures the ability to grow and upgrade equipment as required, within close proximity of a highly connected data centre facility that provides access to over 200 networks and a marketplace for distribution. Teraco’s Teleport is a well secured environment provisioned with resilient power.
• Support – Teraco’s Service Level Agreements tightly define the operations environment, as well as the performance of the technical support and service management teams. The effective and highly qualified data centre support team provides the skilled, round-the-clock service that is core to Teraco’s offering, with response times governed by the Service Level Agreement.