With internet usage and smart phone penetration growing rapidly in Africa, traditional media owners cannot afford to ignore their presence in the online space. South Africans have over 35 million profiles on various social media platforms. If you do not target and engage radio audiences on these platforms, your station is out of touch. Radio, in a way the original social media platform, needs to be active, and effective, on social media.
The Media Connection Academy (TMC Academy) will host a featured course from 6 to 8 June 2017 at Abundant Media’s Johannesburg offices. The three-day short course, Social Media for Radio, is aimed at radio stations that look to grow and monetize their social media pages and better engage with their listeners online.
The course focuses on:
- Setting social media objectives and tying it in to your radio station
- How to target new audiences to grow your social following and radio listenership
- Leveraging station talent
- Designing platform specific content
- How to engage your audience on-air and online
- Social media as a research tool
- Social media as a sales tool
The cost is R3 000 exc. VAT per person and includes a workbook and lunch. Early bird discounts are available before 19 May 2017 and group bookings receive further discount. For more information, or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org