IoT.nxt was founded by late in 2015 and established its head office in Pretoria, South Africa. The company has achieved phenomenal growth since that date in its customer base, financial results and employee numbers. It opened its first international office in The Hague in 2017 and set up operations in the USA late in 2018, operating from Dallas, Texas.
IoT.nxt is considered a leader in the South African IoT industry and has been listed in leading technology media as one of the top five companies in Africa to watch in 2018. Telecom giant Vodacom bought a majority stake in IoT.nxt in May 2019, which will accelerate its global expansion.
The IoT.nxt team is committed to demystifying the Internet of Things and have developed innovative solutions that offer customer opportunities to implement ground-breaking strategies to drive business value and grow return on investment.
IoT.nxt has entered the 4th industrial revolution with a different angle and this has differentiated the company from many other participants in the field of IoT technology. The company has taken a different view to that of many other companies and has developed various sets of innovative technology. IoT.nxt has taken a bottom-up approach as opposed to the bulk of other companies taking a down from the cloud approach. The company has now identified a convergence of the cloud and the edge, which is fundamentally changing what is taking place in the industry. IoT.nxt is therefore perfectly positioned to take advantage of IoT technology becoming real across several industries. IoT.nxt is now at point where companies are implementing its strategies and technology and seeing value. What IoT has developed is unique on a global scale, as has been validated through the company’s attendance and participation at several global and local technology exhibitions and conferences.
What sets the company apart:
- IoT.nxt is helping businesses unlock tangible business value and return on investment through successful implementation of superior gateway technology, a robust software platform and data abstraction layers.
- The company’s unique technology stack bridges the gap between all protocols in the industrial ecosystem, creating a single integration/translation point. Its patented RaptorTM gateway allows organisations to retrofit all existing legacy systems with no rip and replace. A powerful data abstraction model further translates anything and everything from the edge, supporting a true subscription based big data model. IoT.nxt delivers on what everyone else only talks about.
- IoT.nxt was selected by global consulting giant Gartner as one of six African aspiring innovators ahead of Gartner’s Symposium/ITXpo held in Cape Town in September 2016.
- Finalist in the Da Vinci TT100 innovation index for Emerging Enterprises in 2016.
- Overall Winner and Best Commercial Solution 2017 MTN Business IoT Awards South Africa.
- Microsoft Gold Partner: Data Platform.
- Microsoft Gold Partner: Cloud Platform
- IBM Business Partner for Channel Rewards.
- IoT.nxt CEO, Nico Steyn, was a finalist for the IITPSA SA IT Personality of the Year Award in 2017 and 2018.