Life Healthcare GroupCORPORATE ESSENTIALS
About Life Healthcare Group
In today’s demanding business environment, focusing on the triple bottom line is an important tool to support sustainability goals. With South Africa’s increasing disease burden companies will start feeling the pressure to play a more active role in employee wellness.
Managing your employees’ health and safety environment is vital. Life Healthcare Group’s employee health and wellness services, Life Occupational Health and Careways, offers proactive solutions to minimise employee health risks aimed at reducing healthcare costs and improving employee productivity.
Life Healthcare Group’s employee occupational health and wellness services are provided through:
Life Occupational Health is South Africa’s leading provider of contracted occupational and primary healthcare as well as other employer based services to large employer groups in the commercial, industrial and mining sectors as well as state owned entities.
Careways is an established partner to South African corporations offering integrated, innovative solutions encompassing employee assistance programmes, executive wellness, lifestyle management, organisational wellbeing services and wellness training education.
Services we offer
This integrated employee health solution is aimed at managing the full employee health and wellness cycle through standardised quality systems, occupational health services, wellness interventions, health education and clinical protocols – making a meaningful measurable difference to employees as well as employers. This service also equips employees with health information, practical skills and tools required to encourage optimal health and improve their daily health decisions – keeping their minds and bodies work fit.
Occupational health services
• Pre-employment medical examinations
• Exit medical examinations recording the health status of workers on termination of service
• Employee health assessment and ongoing management including:
• Health policy development
• Medical surveillance programmes
• Medical examinations and monitoring of employees
• On-site primary healthcare services
• Ergonomic surveillance (environmental improvement) to identify and monitor health risks
• First aid training as required by legislation
• Interaction with and enhancement of company safety programmes
These services are provided through mobile, off-site or on-site health clinic services.
Employee wellness services
• Employee assistance programmes: 24 hour care centre, psychosocial counseling, financial and legal wellbeing, wellness programme management and reporting
• Wellness for leaders: annual medicals, personal health plans, stress mastery, coaching and travel vaccinations
• Organisational wellbeing services: On-site life style events, health risk screenings, chronic disease management programmes, wellness education
These services are provided through telephone, SMS, fax, email, digital channels and on-site interaction.
Life Healthcare Group – Corporate Social Responsibility
The Group’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) programmes have contributed to meaningful and sustainable projects in communities where employees reside and in communities served, and to align with the strategic objectives. As an example, R26 million was spent over the last two years on sub-specialist bursaries and 11 new sub-specialists were available to work in South Africa from January 2015 onwards. The Group focuses on health (community upliftment and healthcare) and education (training and research) projects. Life Healthcare has a CSI steering committee that is mandated to allocate funds to approved projects.
Life Healthcare Group – Environmental Sustainability
To operate efficiently, with an environmentally friendly approach and as a responsible corporate citizen, Life Healthcare actively seeks to comply with all applicable environmental legislation such as the Air Quality Act, 39 of 2004 and the National Building Regulations and Standards Act, 103 of 1997. Life Healthcare has an environmental management system that governs the strategic elements of environmental sustainability. The environment and climate change forum reports to the social, ethics and transformation committee on projects and performance in this area. The Group is making progress towards ISO 14001:2004 accreditation.