Youth Employment Service (YES)ABC OF BEE
About Youth Employment Service (YES)
Why YES in SA today?
YES is a business-driven initiative which is breaking new ground by pioneering a partnership with government and labour, in collectively tackling a national plan to build economic pathways for black youth.
The adage says, “if you’re in a hole stop digging”. With the overwhelming economic and social challenges we face as a country, it is time to try a new approach.
YES gives you an opportunity, to join with other businesses in pooling resources and collaborating to create thousands of jobs across the country. Play your part in a grand plan to operate outside your individual business silo in order to achieve broad and scaled impact.
As business leaders, your concerns about South Africa appear validated. After all, there’s no escaping the glaring reality of the numbers; unemployment, crime, low GDP growth – all of which paint a bleak picture.
Tasked with the responsibility of steering your organisation through the volatile business landscape, it’s understandable to narrow your focus to the immediate, most pressing organisational problem of stimulating growth while cutting costs. After all, no meaningful societal change can happen overnight, nor does it fall within your business mandate.
Continuing with a system of exclusivity entrenches the problem we see. Over one-third of youth are locked out of pathways to participating in building their future. By creating innovative opportunities for youth to work with YES, we build a future where all South Africans can play a part and contribute to our economic and social journey.
There is a choice, you can become caught up in the barrage of a consistently negative narrative that makes its way into the media, board rooms and corridors across the country. Or, you could become part of a good news story sweeping from the metros and reaching into rural Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal.
South African leaders have understood that we must look to the long game and the big game, our youth are the future economic powerhouse.
- Provides one-year paid employment opportunities with technological and learning support
- Participants are provided with a YES smartphone that serves as a learning tool, as well as a monitoring and evaluation platform to share experiences and peer learnings. It furthermore connects youth to digital networks and builds technological literacy
- Community-based ecosystem – “The YES community hub model” – creates an enabling and supportive environment for small businesses, stimulates local innovation and generates a positive economic spillover for communities
- YES has created over 21 000 new work opportunities
- YES has created over 21 000 new taxpayers
- 36+ Corporates have achieved B-BBEE Level Ups with YES
- R1 billion+ will be injected into salaries & local economies through these 21 000 jobs.
SIGN-UP TO LEVEL UP. HELP CREATE YOUTH EMPLOYMENT TO GROW THE ECONOMY.